The WIMnet Conference Grant scheme was created to support women who wish to present technical abstracts as well as attend conferences for professional development and networking purposes.
The goal of the scheme is to increase the representation of female presenters and professionals at AusIMM conferences.
A WIMnet Conference Grant is available for each AusIMM conference and it covers the cost of conference registration (excluding travel and accommodation).
How to apply
Women interested in applying for the complimentary conference pass should prepare their application in the following way:
- prepare a written statement (300 words max) explaining how your participation in the conference will benefit you, your career and your professional development
- indicate if you have or plan to purse any other role or opportunity at the conference such as chairing a technical session, being a panel member, delivering or participating in a workshop or field trip
- if you are a presenter please include a copy in your accepted abstract
- you may include a copy of your CV.
Submit your application documents via email to the WIMnet secretariat Donna Edwards.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate the following:
- applicants need not be AusIMM members, although preference will be given to members
- applicants presenting technical papers will be given preference over those who wish to attend for other professional development and networking needs
- applicants who demonstrate a financial or career development need beyond anything mentioned here will be given due consideration.
Conditions of the award
WIMnet requires the submission of a short article (1-2 pages) relating your experience as an attendee and presenter following the conference. This can either be a technical article or something more personal about your experience and observations from the conference. WIMnet would like to use your article as an opportunity to further promote the conference grant scheme in the WIMnet newsletter. Please accompany your article with a photo of yourself.
WIMnet have a number of members experienced in conference presentations who are available to offer advice on presentation skills should an applicant be interested in their assistance.
2016 and 2017 AusIMM Conference list and closing dates for WIMnet Conference Grant applications
|Project Evaluation 8-9 March 2016, Adelaide, South Australia||2 February 2016|
|Seventh International Conference & Exhibition on Mass Mining MassMin 2016 9-11 May 2016, Sydney, New South Wales||4 April 2016|
|The AusIMM International Uranium Conference 2016 7-8 June 2016, Adelaide, South Australia||3 May 2016|
|The Third AusIMM International Geometallurgy Conference 15-17 June 2016, Perth, Western Australia||11 May 2016|
|International Mine Management 2016 22-24 August 2016, Brisbane, Queensland||18 June 2016|
|The AusIMM New Leaders’ Conference 2016 19-20 September 2016, Brisbane, Queensland||15 August 2016|
|Life-of-Mine 2016 28-30 September 2016, Brisbane, Queensland||24 August 2016|
|13th AusIMM Mill Operators’ Conference 2016 10-12 October 2016, Perth, Western Australia||5 September 2016|
|Ninth AusIMM Open Pit Operators’ Conference 2016 15-16 November 2016, Kalgoorlie, Western Australia||11 October 2016|
|2017 Conferences||Closing Date|
|Eighth World Conference on Sampling and Blending 9-11 May 2017, Perth, Western Australia||4 April 2017|
|MetPlant 2017 11-12 September 2017, Perth, Western Australia||
7 August 2016