The Geoscience Society has negotiated discounted access to interactive online training courses in MapInfo and Discover software, provided by Pitney Bowes Australia.
The discounts will apply to any member of AusIMM, but they are particularly relevant to Geoscience Society members. Additional discounts will be available to unemployed members.
The courses are usually 2 – 3 hours duration, provided to small groups of participants (minimum 5, maximum 10) at mutually agreed times. They are led by a trainer/moderator and include a 30 day free license for the relevant software to allow students to build on their training after completion. Geographical location of participants is not particularly relevant as long as they have internet access.
Course fees for AusIMM Members
Standard fee: A$300.00
Employed members – $240.00, ex GST
Unemployed/MAP members – A$100.00, ex GST.
If you are interested in participating in any of the below training modules please express your interest via Donna Edwards – firstname.lastname@example.org
INTRODUCTION TO MAPINFO & DISCOVER MARCH 24 2016 (Thursday, 11:00 - 1.00 PM Sydney / Melbourne AEDST) APRIL 13 2016 (Wednesday, 11.00 - 1.00 PM Brisbane / Sydney / Melbourne AEDST
AusIMM members who have completed one of the PBS training courses also receive the following:
- 30 day free trial of the software. (Fully Functioning) After the 30 day trial expires, any member that purchases a second course can request a trial extension. The trial extension can only be requested following completion of the second course. Only one additional extension is available.
- Unemployed members will receive 10% Discount off Software license purchases, purchased within 60 days of course completion.
- Employed members will receive 5% Discount off Software license purchases, purchased within 60 days of course completion.
- 10% off future training courses (ongoing if software license remains under Maintenance and Tech Support (MATS), renewed annually).
- All software purchases include first year Maintenance and Tech Support (MATS). (Optional 2yr MATS renewal will be offered prior to expiry date).
- All software licenses are perpetual, only the MATS expires. If MATS expires, the license will continue to function normally but just won’t be updated or supported.
- Members can first trial the software for 30 days and then make a purchase if they wish. Following the trial, they would then have 30 days with which to purchase the software to receive the discount.