The inaugural Kalgoorlie Branch’s MetFest is happening!
Kalgoorlie is hosting a four-day long program from Tuesday 17 October to Friday 20 October 2017. Thanks to our many sponsors, the majority of events are free to AusIMM members or otherwise at a significant discount.
The Kalgoorlie MetFest opens with the option of one of two two-day training courses on Tuesday 17 to Wednesday 18 October. WASM-CRC ORE are providing the ‘WASM Gold Operators Course’, and Curtin Gold Technology Research Group is offering their ‘AMIRA Advanced Gold Processing Course’. Course fees apply; however, it’s worth checking if your company is an AMIRA P420F sponsor (website: http://www.goldknowledge.com/), as then the Curtin Gold Technology Research Group’s ‘AMIRA Advanced Gold Processing Course’ is free. You can register through http://www.ausimm.com.au/content/docs/branch/2017/kalgoorlie_2017_10_metfestv3.pdf.
Don’t forget to register for the Golf Day and the Kalgoorlie MetFest2017 Formal Dinner, both will be excellent social and networking opportunities. Thanks to SGS Laboratories, the Golf Day is free to AusIMM members and includes a BBQ lunch. Places are limited, so we encourage you to register for this event ASAP. This will be an excellent opportunity to show your skill with a club and network with like-minded industry people.
If golf is not your thing, then don’t forget the MetFest Formal Dinner. What a great excuse to get dressed up and out of that high-vis uniform. Thanks to LogiChem this three course meal is $60 for members, will be a great opportunity to mingle with industry experts and get a chance to meet some new faces.
Then there is the main event, with 16 speakers lined up to present at the inaurgal Kalgoorlie Metallurgical Symposium 2017 on Friday 20 October. The Symposium is free to all AusIMM members, with morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea being provided for attendees. The day will concluded with the 2017 MetSoc Delprat Distinguished Lecture by Rob Dunne.
A list of the speakers and topics is provided below (order and schedule is yet to be finalised):
- Pre-Oxidation project at Kanowna Belle — Mr J Clare — Northern Star
- Cavitation Tube Column pilot plant project at Kanowna Belle — Mr A Nugraha — Northern Star
- Repurposing flotation capacity at Mt Keith Ni Concentrator — Mr B Sullivan — BHP Nickel West
- SGS CIP/CIL Modelling: Theory and Application — Mr C Czerny — SGS Minerals Metallurgy
- Mineralogical characterisation of gold ores — Ms D De Nooy — ALS
- Development of Electrostatic Solvent Extraction — Prof Don Ibana / Dr S Assmann — WASM
- Financial and economic analysis during the design phase — Dr L Lorenzen — Mintrex Pty Ltd
- Water filtration for the modern hydrometallurgical plant — Mr S Shipard — SLS Technology Pty Ltd
- Improving gold Mining economics through membrane technology — Mr B Tapley — Ecotechnol Pty Ltd
- Mobile processing plant to reinvigorate small capital gold mining — Dr P Breuer — CSIRO
- Gravity Recovery & intensive cyanide leaching — Mr J Carrillo — Consep
- AmmLeach – Applications in base metals and gold — Dr N Welham — Welham Metallurgical Services
- Ore Washing —- Mr R Williams — McLanahan Corp
- Expanding the Extractive Metallurgy Discipline — Prof S Spearing/ Ms L O’Connor — WASM
- Intro of HPGRs into a Magnetite Plant in Russia — Mr B Povey — Mineralconsult Pty Ltd
- Kalgoorlie-Boulder Mining Innovation Hub— Dr L Keeney — CRCOre
Registrations for all events are open through the AusIMM events webpage at http://www.ausimm.com.au/content/docs/branch/2017/kalgoorlie_2017_10_metfestv3.pdf.
If you would like more information, or are have issues registering, or are just not sure which events might suit your needs or experience level then please contact the Kalgoorlie AusIMM Branch email@example.com, and we will be more than happy to assist.
We look forward to seeing you at Kalgoorlie MetFest2017.