The AusIMM Community and Environment Society is initiating a pilot mentoring program for young community or environmental professionals working on site or in regional areas.
We believe there is a need to support young professionals in locations where they may not have access to the same level of support and networking opportunities as those based in metropolitan areas. Expressions of Interest are being sought from prospective mentees that meet the following criteria:
- Working or residing on a mine site, in regional areas (this can include final year students with a site-based placement for 2019)
- An AusIMM member (regardless of grade)
- A community/social or environmental professional, or a professional working in the minerals industry with a desire to move into an environment or community role.
- Less than five years experience
- Be enthusiastic with a real interest in learning from professionals with many years’ experience in the industry, and understanding that the onus is on them to maintain the relationship.
If you are interested in participating as a mentee, please email the C&E Society Secretariat at DEdwards@ausimm.com.au with your contact details. We will be sending out a questionnaire that will help us select the mentees for the pilot program and match them with compatible mentors.