The AusIMM New Zealand Education Endowment Trust (EET) provides scholarships to students undertaking research in geology, engineering or the environment that is related to the minerals industry.
The EET is separate from the Education Endowment Fund (EEF) operated by the AusIMM in Australia as New Zealand students are not eligible for the Australian EEF.
Since the EET’s inception, there have been 108 scholarships awarded to students at New Zealand universities.
The Trustees are delighted to announce and congratulate our scholarship awardees for 2020.
- William Mansell – University of Auckland
- Harry Davies AAusIMM – University of Otago
Undergraduate BSc (Hons) Scholarship
- Aidan Aubert SAusIMM – University of Otago
There are also two awards for outstanding candidates applying for the EET Postgraduate Scholarship, meeting the following criteria:
- Lloyd Jones Award – to an outstanding candidate whose proposed study area is related to mining engineering.
- Jock Braithwaite Award – to an outstanding candidate whose proposed study area is in the fields of mineral exploration, as well as oil/gas, alluvial gold and industrial minerals.
There are no recipients of these awards this year.
Be part of the EET Trust governance team
Due to the retirement of one of the Trustees of the New Zealand Branch Education Endowment Trust (EET), applications are now open for this unique governance role.
You will work with the existing Trustees as part of the governance team. The Board of Trustees typically meets 2-3 times per year including a key meeting to award scholarship applications.